SEARCC is a forum of national IT professional societies in the Asia Pacific region. Its vision is to be the key collaborative body for national ICT professional associations in the Asia Pacific region, helping its members to prosper and grow. The SEARCC strategy builds deep and enduring relationships, being a leader in the Asia Pacific and a place where the ICT associations collaborate.
The concept of a regional computer confederation grew out of the first regional computer conference held in Singapore in September 1976 under the auspices of the International Federation for Information Processing and implemented by the Singapore Computer Society.
The Charter and Constitution of SEARCC was signed in Singapore on the 28th February 1978. Six national societies from the region, the Hong Kong Computer Society, Indonesian Computer Society, Malaysian National Computer Confederation, Philippines Computer Society, Singapore Computer Society and Computer Association of Thailand were the founding signatories. The Australian Computer Society has been a proud member of SEARCC since 1990.
SEARCC seeks to:
- Promote cooperation among the national computer societies in the region for the purpose of advancing knowledge and the application of IT in the region;
- Collaborate with SEARCC member economies in joint projects and programs of mutual benefit relating to IT and to assist in their development;
- Hold an annual Regional Conference; and
- Pursue opportunities and relationships with other national, international and professional organisations and agencies that will advance the interests of SEARCC.
SEARCC International Awards
All dates and times are expressed in Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
- Nominations open: 24 June 2016
- Nominations close: midnight 31 July 2016
- Judging concludes: 31 August 2016
- Finalists Announced: September 2016
- Award Presentation: 1 December 2016
To cover the costs of administration, there is a small fee of $125 AUD per nomination. However, each SEARCC member society/association may waive fees for up to 2 nominations per category. This application will not be completed until payment is received or waived.
- All finalists will receive reimbursement of travel costs up to the value of $1,500 AUD.
- Each finalist is responsible for making their own travel and visa arrangements.
This year’s SEARCC Conference will be held in conjunction with the ACS Reimagination Thought Leaders’ Summit and the Digital Disruptors Awards. The SEARCC International Awards recognise excellent achievement by outstanding individuals in the ICT profession.
SEARCC is proud to announce the inaugural SEARCC International Awards which will be presented at a gala diner following Reimagination 16 at The Star, Sydney on 1 December 2016.
There are three categories of individual awards for the 2016 SEARCC International Awards:
- ICT Professional of the Year
- ICT Researcher of the Year
- ICT Educator of the Year
- You may edit your entry after submitting, up until the entry deadline.
- Please make sure all your personal details are entered accurately, including contact details, as this will be used in the awards presentation if selected as a finalist.
- You are eligible to enter more than one category, as long as the work submitted meets the criteria.
- You can use the ‘copy’ feature to create a copy of your entry and change the category as required.
- Entry fees may be paid by credit card only and must be paid online at time of completing submissions. If your submissions have not been paid for at close of entry they may not be included for judging.
- A merchant fee will be applied to entries paid by Visa, MasterCard and American Express. These fees will be added to your total and outlined in the payment summary.